After a 2 hour and 42 minute rain delay, Jacob deGrom took the mound against the Brewers and had a tough time locating his pitches. Unfortunately, this would result in Jacob’s third straight loss, giving him 3 on the year.
- Jeff McNeil was experiencing a “mini-slump”, I’m sure to him it was the end of the world. However, McNeil was back at it on Friday night as he hit two doubles and is currently batting .365 on the year.
- Robinson Canó went 2-3 with an RBI. He also hit his 541st double of his career, tying him with Roger Hornsby for 37th all-time.
- Todd Frazier has been decent since his return to the Mets. The third baseman went 1-3 with an RBI single in the 4th.
- Brandon Nimmo went 2-4 with a double and run scored.
- Daniel Zamora pitched a scoreless 1-2-3 inning in the 9th by striking out the side. The left handed reliever may earn himself a more substantial role as Luis Avilan has been having a rough time out of the Mets bullpen.
Noah Syndergaard (1-2, 5.90 ERA) will take the mound Saturday evening against Brandon Woodruff (2-1, 5.81 ERA) at Citi Field, 7:10 PM.